High End Balanced Headphone Amp
• Enough power to drive demanding headphones
• Dual mono design principle
• Four gain settings to match any headphone
• Three current settings to deliver best sonics
• Single ended (6.3mm) and balanced (4 Pin XLR) headphone output
• Both outputs usable simultaneously
• Phase inverter built in at input stage to convert unbalanced signal to a balanced one for superior sound
• Power stage realized by two TPA6120A2 chips
• BLUE ALPS potentiometer for best volume control
• Optionally with wooden side panels
• Available in silver and black
Head Box DS2 B - High end balanced headphone amplifier
The market for HiFi headphones has been expanding rapidly in the last years. There have been brought out new models and new driver designs. These headphones are able to produce outstanding sound, the amplifiers from which they are fed mostly are mediocre. For example planar magnetic headphones demand more current and simply need more power to be driven to their full potential.
Our new Head Box DS2 B will drive anything with ease as it puts out powerful 1100mW into 33ohms. It has three different current settings to match any headphone type and features four gain settings for high impedance headphones as well as sensitive in ear monitors. The fully balanced dual mono design is completed with a phase inverter to con-vert any unbalanced signal to a balanced one straight at the input. A balanced 4 Pin XLR output on the front guarantees perfect signal transmission to your headphone.
The highly acclaimed Texas Instruments TPA6120A2 chip has been implemented for best possible power handling, which results in superior sound and a near dead silent noise floor. Both outputs on the front can be used simultaneously for shared listening experiences. The Head Box DS2 B is able to adjust to every headphone in your collection: hard to drive dynamics, current hungry planar magnetics and sensitive in ear monitors! Pure pleasure out of one box.