Our own streaming engine. Fully optimised for seamless operation and excellent sonic performance. Functionally and sonically, it's the ideal streamer for passionate music lovers who want to experience their music with exceptional sound quality through their own choice of control app or music platform.
The NEO Stream's integral DAC stage takes your streaming enjoyment to another level.
- Four-channel True Native hi-res DAC design – supports PCM 768kHz and DSD 512,
- Powerful 16-core XMOS processor – performs full MQA decoding (to 384kHz)
Thanks to the DAC chip's four-channel True Native design, PCM and DSD take separate pathways and remain 'bit-perfect' in their direct-native form, right through to analogue conversion. In the case of DSD, there is no conversion to PCM or application of multi-bit processing – this is unusual and makes the NEO Stream an excellent choice for DSD purists.
Connecting to your network router via cable rather than relying on Wi-Fi? The NEO Stream includes a unique option alongside its RJ45 and M12 ports – optical LAN. This is our own technology. Connect the OptiBox transceiver to the router, and the NEO Stream to the OptiBox via an optical cable. Both the OptiBox and cable are included.
Benefit from the highest quality digital audio connection possible between the router and the streamer.
- Ultra-fast data speeds of up to 10Gbps
- Bit-perfect transmission of ultra-resolution audio
- Minimal degradation across distances of up to 1km
The LAN signal from the router is regenerated, reclocked and rebalanced by the OptiBox; true galvanic isolation is applied, with zero parasitic capacitance and inductance.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi reception (2.4GHz and 5GHz) with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac support
- Gigabit Ethernet (LAN) – 1x RJ45; 1x M12; 1x Optical LAN (see below for more information)
- 2x USB-A (USB2.0 and SuperSpeed USB3.0 supported)
- 1x USB-C system update port (OTA – Over The Air – updates also available)
- Analogue – 1x stereo RCA; 1x 4.4mm balanced
- Ultra-res digital (PCM 768kHz, DSD512) – 1x HDMI-I2S; 1x USB-A (USB3.0)
- Hi-res S/PDIF digital (PCM 192kHz) – 1x optical; 1x coaxial; 1x AES/EBU
- Roon Ready – Roon Ready certification means the NEO Stream slots straight into a Roon audio environment and works seamlessly with Roon software.
- DNLA/UPnP – Use your choice of any DLNA/UPnP compatible app – BubbleUpnP, connect, Audirvana and so on – to control the NEO Stream and access audio content from online services.
- Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect – Stream straight from these integrated online music services.
- Apple Airplay – Easy streaming from Apple devices.
- NAA operation – Serious enthusiast? The NEO Stream can operate as a Network Audio Adapter. It directs packets of audio data received over Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable straight to the connected DAC without applying processing.
- NAS drive – stream from a local storage device using the 'Stream-iFi' app.